Blind Love | Teen Ink

Blind Love

I grew up with him, friends since we were born, neighbors, best friends, and so much more.

Our first day of school we sat by each other and fooled the whole class by saying we were sister and brother.

I loved him, he loved me, and we spent every moment together in perfect

harmony.

It was all so perfect until my worst day, October 11 in the eighth grade.

My best friend’s first girlfriend came into the picture.

Brother, best friend, and most secret of all my true love, and now she came and ruined it all.

My heart sank to the floor when they touched, when they kissed, I wasn’t sure I could take much more of it.
One day he happened to notice my tears, and when he asked me what was wrong, my broken heart filled up with rage and fear.

I began to yell, not knowing what I said, I began to cry, and I wish I was dead.

He tried to talk but I didn’t listen, I pushed him away with out even thinking,

When I herd no sound, I turned around, and hoped I was dreaming.

His face was pale and his body was weak, eyes couldn’t open but he managed to speak.

“I love you my girl.” Is all he could say, and without another moment he was gone, dead, forever away.

His death on my conscious, his love in my heart, we had been together from the beginning, but now he had left me alone in the dark.

He would never know how much I loved him, how much I didn’t want him to go.

I wanted to die, I didn’t care how and the all of the sudden I fell to the ground.

At first when I opened my eyes I only saw light, but then something else came into sight.

I tried to speak but he wouldn’t let me, he just pulled me closer and kissed me passionately.

We were finally in a place where nothing else mattered, no people, no past, just our future together.