Excuse Us

Excuse us, for tryin hard and livin in the moment.
Excuse me for being different, because being the same is far more interesting.
Excuse us, for not following your rules. The rules that impede us from conduct.
Excuse us for dreamin.

But there are far more things I should excuse myself from:
Being black
Jewish
Muslim
And excuse me for thinking that you wouldn’t care, because you do.

But don’t excuse me for believing that maybe, just maybe, we could be friends, link hands, tell secrets, open our heart to each other. Because if you can’t respect me for who I am, then u can’t have me at all. That’s how it is. Those are the rules. No exceptions. So if you are racist, or a Hitler supporter, leave now. If you are a person with a gun or a weapon of any kind, leave now. And if you are a person who is feeling an unexplained anger, leave now. Excuse yourself this time, not others.

through_my_eyes said...
oo, I like. The use of the word excuse us and the way you backed up your reasons. Its interesting. Nice piece :) 

Annibonny replied...
thanks! I actually wrote it in an airport! Of all places, my ideas have to come there!!

through_my_eyes replied...

haha, well maybe it was the hustle and the different kinds of people who inspired you to write it :) Its a very nice piece. You can see it play out in your head.

Check out my stuff?

sadly i've only got one thing up at the moment, i have like 6 more pending approval. lol :p

Annibonny replied...
it actually was inspired by someone who was sitting across from me. Awesome! I will totally check ur pieces! I have a lot going through approval too.

through_my_eyes replied...

haha, that is a strange thing to be inspired by, but inspiration is inspiration :)

especially if its something thats well written :D

haha thanks :)

how many do you have going through approval :o

Annibonny replied...
I have about 4 or 5 i think.