Eight O'clock

Sky pours a pitcher of pink lemonade through a crack in my window—she’s very surreptitious. She crawls up behind me and eases her cool hands into the groves of my back, pushing me, pulling me. And with a golden gleam of entitlement in her eyes, she brushes her hand along each and every item in my bedroom; her presence is uninvited and yet I want nothing more than to hold her forever when I see her approaching. She never makes herself vulnerable enough to allow smiling, but she cannot conceal her thoughts painted red by a blush in her cheeks.She stays in town but a few short moments, and is never heard. She fires a bomb each time she visits.

Thesilentraven This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I simply loved, loved, loved, loved this! You beautifully potrayed the sky. Okay, my friend, I am now an official raving fanatic of your work. Well done, a million times well done. Wow, that was enthusiastic praise, wasn't it?

LondonEye This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Oh my goodness, I cannot thank you enough! :) Your encouraging words are much appreciated, and knowing that somebody in the world enjoys my work really inspires me to write more. I'll definitely be sure to take a look at your stuff!