Embracing change, why can't you? | Teen Ink

Embracing change, why can't you?

August 17, 2010
By PoeticGurl808 SILVER, Bear, Delaware
PoeticGurl808 SILVER, Bear, Delaware
6 articles 0 photos 2 comments

Favorite Quote:
Be True 2 Yourself...!


We've been together for so long, that your the only thing I know. You are my security blanket, its not risky being with you. You know everything about me, and I know everything about you. I dont have to impress you or be anything I'm not when I'm with you. But I'm starting to think I'm out-growing you. We dont really talk anymore. Its just not the same. And when I do try to express how I'm feeling, you dont even try to understand. I just don't know what to do anymore! It just feels like we are on two different pages. I'm embracing the change that has happened to me over the years. It has helped me to mature and grow up. But its like you don't want to see me get better. You want me to stay stuck in my old ways. Just because I'm doing things and going places, it dosen't mean I'm going to forget about you. If anything it should encourage you to try and better yourself too...


The author's comments:
I just recently wrote this piece. It was about me and my long time boyfriend's relationship. Its been kind of rocky lately. But we have overcome bigger obstacles than this...