You hear, Soft and slowly whispered | Teen Ink

You hear, Soft and slowly whispered

You hear, Soft and slowly whispered, Of the ashes in the past That was swept so dearly under The loose and creaking floorboard In the shadows of your room The floorboard, Past which none can see: The withering of the Heart - Once throbbing and pulsing With the beauty of passion - As was intended As intended, Past and by Through the darkness Lifeless, soulless, And yet still grasping PullingÉ tugging. Pulling, tugging, At the surface Rising up into Mind Never giving up or giving in To troubled intuition And persisting doubt And doubt, Now bubbling to the surface As your stomach quickly lurches To the mourning and the burning Of the once forgotten ghosts As they rise from the ashes As ashes, Swept beneath The floorboard of your room, Begin to build together And regain life And rise above Mind And Mind, The weaker of two aspects, Is lesser than Heart Now passionately burning: A Phoenix from the ashes Which was swept so dearly under The loose and creaking floorboard In the shadows of your room