Lamentations from the YA Section at Barnes and Noble This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

It smells like Teen Spirit that's just gone rotten
They churn out these pages, but something's forgotten.
The words are all there, but they omit the plot and
Any notion of theme, executed, gunshot.

Bloodsucking heartthrobs, at the head of the craze,
End my vain attempts of escaping this maze.
Trashy paperbacks put me in a daze,
Twilight-vision goggles would see through the haze.

So pack it in, Holden, no more catching in rye.
The cause was worthy, the fight worth a try.
But now it seems worthless, so kiss it good-bye,
Your time is at hand, now just let it die.

SaphiraBrightscalesThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Mar. 1, 2013 at 11:41 am
Oh my Gosh, that is so relatable, I mean just yesterday I was fiercly exclaiming to my friend how the bookshops were giving more are to the rotten stuff..(well no offense to them)...anyway.. Your poem absolutely captures it all...AMazing. WOW. This is definitely going into my favs! Congratulations for making the magazine!

yousaypotato... said...
darn! I thought i came up with the cleverist username.... haha. your poems really realistic!!! i hate those vampire gothic melodramatic YA books. lol

PaRaNoRmAl627 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I love this soooooo muchh! And I love Catcher in the Rye. I also love To Kill a Mockingbird, and The Great Gatsby, etc. I wish those were still in the YA section.

BlackMoonWhiteSky This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
This is awesome, and I completely agree with what you're saying.