Random Thoughts (Notebooks and Roses) | Teen Ink

Random Thoughts (Notebooks and Roses)

By rockerchick4christ GOLD, Lake, Mississippi
rockerchick4christ GOLD, Lake, Mississippi

"I've never told a lie, and that makes me a liar. I've never made a bet, but we gamble with desire. I've never lit a match with intent to start a fire, but recently the flames are getting out of control." Lyrics from an All Time Low song. :D

The spiral bound that holds this notebook together fascinates me. I could sit and trace it with my fingertips for hours on end. Maybe its because it reminds me of you. As the spiral bound does for the notebook, you hold the pieces of me together. Without you, I would fall apart and scatter everywhere.
But maybe that is not the best example of my relationship with you. If you remove the spiral bound, the pages would separate, but they could still exist. You are more of like the stem to my rose. I rely on you for support and protection. However, removal of the rose from the stem would result in death for the rose. The petals would slowly wilt away.

But let us not forget those pesky little thorns. The thorns can cut deep, sometimes leaving hidious scars. It is then we have to decide if the pain of the thorns is worth the beauty of the rose.