ONE LESS FRIEND

She use to be my buddy. She use to be my friend. Until I realized it had to end. The girl I met before no longer seemed to be alive. Though every day for her spirit, I still strive. Life killed what was left of my pal. No one to blame, but blame you I shall. I see her blood, and I see her ghost. But I see the vision of it the most. She lies on the ground, grabbing for air. Everyone watches. Help they not dare. As she looks in their eyes and sees not one sign of caring, she can’t help but lay struggling and staring. Everyone’s there….. Everyone but lonely old me. And as her head drops, a new one appears. It looks the same, but without any tears. They give her a hand and help her off the ground. Everyone’s smiling. There’s commotion and sound. I’m the only one staring at the newly empty space. The one everyone likes isn’t really her. This ones a poison. She was a cure. And still in my head, I happen to recall, a vision so simple, but not nearly so small. And everyone watched as life beat her down. Everyone laughs. I wear a frown. And I wait for the real her to slowly come back. But not soon after, the poison attacks. It tries to push me down too. But I close my eyes, stand tall, fight back, have faith, and be true.

This article has 1 comment. Post your own!

imashadow said...
i loved this very powerful