Silver

A lady’s cloak drawn tight to her chest
Pale tatters of a weary ghost
Stalks of grass, waving silver needles

A pointed dagger, stabbing the truth
Swish! Elegant garments flowing in the dance
An eerie, eternal, wavering sound
Feeling of silk fine as water
A delicate, rare sweet in your throat
Gliding and spinning, running and prancing
An enormous orb, battling the night
A slithering serpent, poised for the strike
Bright eyes of the wary wolves
The patient plodding of a unicorn’s hooves
Fireworks crackling their best
A tender mother, singing the world to rest

Saint_that_Sins This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
this is very...comforting. As I was reading i began to smile and just felt completly relaxed and its just sooo idk...anyways very good I like it!

gymbabe This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Thanks!  I'm glad it comforted you:D

Fayrouz This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Aug. 5, 2010 at 10:34 am
this is very comforting, beautiful poetry and it has some pretty senses involved with it...water...silk...delicate...slithering serpent...good job and keep writing poetry! :)

Thanks! :D

Danica said...
This is beautiful!  It's really inspiring that you could turn a simple color into such an imagery-thick poem.  Great job :)  Hey, if you get the chance could you check out some of my work? Thanks!

Thanks! Of course I will.

sunflowergirl7 replied...
I love how you express the color silver with such poignant imagery! I especially like the line 'bright eyes of the wary wolves' I could see their eyes in the darkness

Thanks! Yeah that was one of my favorite lines too.