You’re a soldier

As I lay with you every night, as you hold me so tight, I fear the day you’ll leave. The day that will separate us both, by a thousand miles and a great big sea, the thing we’d have in common is that were both looking at the same stars and clouds, funny thing its different timings.
            Even though I can enjoy and not think about you leaving, the news channel will always remind me that war hasn’t ended and soon I will be watching to make sure you still walk this earth. Your uniform in closet and how I see you walk to the door every day after work reminds me that yet you still are a soldier.
            Its not a dream and I wish it would be, so I can wake up and know that you’d never leave. Its not a dream; it means that I will come to a day that I’ll be sitting at home wanting to hear your voice feel you near, your touch and the look in your eyes. Your walking soul and your breathing body lay next to me in bed will soon not be there. As that day will soon come I’ll enjoy your company here with me.