Craziness? Life? What do i call it? | Teen Ink

Craziness? Life? What do i call it?

By Bubbly-Monkey-Left-behind BRONZE, Auburn, California
Bubbly-Monkey-Left-behind BRONZE, Auburn, California

"An eye for an eye leaves the world blind" -Ghandi

I'm drowning. We're all drowning. Kids, children, teens? What do these words mean? Why cant things be simple again? I want sandboxes, shovels and tag.... now in these days of young adulthood, I look and see drugs, sex, cussing, money and things I just don't want to see! Pressures to be something I don't want to be; its making me want to scream! Family issues, friend issues... so many problems. I'm only a kid. Or am I? I need him; I need her; who do I need again? School, sports, work, family, friends. I want to rebel!

I want freedom. I... I want... I don't even know what I want! I need to think. I need to get away. I need to... pray?

Yes, maybe that's what I need... I need the one father I can rely on... I need answers... what do I do? Please help me... while I'm still sane.

I wrote this after a very bad day at school with kids asking if i wanted to go smoke with them. Then i came home to some crap going on with my dad in florida. =[ so i sat and cried unil the thought to pray came into my head. it helped.

on Jul. 14 2010 at 2:54 pm

thank you =D

Rocky said...
on Jul. 14 2010 at 2:50 pm
This was very beautiful - I'm sorry that you had to have a bad day in order to think about this.  You can pray whenever you want - even when you are happy