Masquerade

O I’ll weave me a dress of the fine satin sky,
With a star pointed needle, I’ll sew,
Of a porcupine quill will I spike my sharp heel,
In a marble white floor of fresh snow.

Round my neck will abide a new necklace of pearls,
Laced from dew, spider’s gossamer chain,
Sunbeams, forgotten, will redden my lips,
As a sash of silk streams ‘cross my frame.

Of the polished pale moon will I cast a dark friend,
Although short, I’ll admit, he’s divine,
We will match, fall in step, human synch, parallel,
As his long shifting feet follow mine.

And on four different sides will stand couples alike,
With their tall graceful gowns, mossy shawls,
Parade jewels just encased in a bright sticky sap,
Olive ties choke their necks, stout and tall.

And we’ll dance ‘till the light shows now proud in the east,
‘Till my fabrics discard their gray dyes,
‘Till the tuneful bird’s wing mislays harsh metal tint,
And I can weave a new dress of blue sky.

AineAlyssa said...
so this is pretty much amazing :-) good job it kept me inertwined until the last word . Very good job. and thanks for commenting on my work even though its not very good. Keep up the good work

crubs3 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Thankx and it really is!!!

Jordano_C This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
The imagery is beautiful, and the whole poem flows very nicely, good job!

Thanks so much!!

alynic9323 said...
Aug. 5, 2010 at 7:17 am
I really loved this poem. It's so different then the others I have read. There is no reason why this should not be published!!!

Thankyou so much!!

Trebled said...
This is simply beautiful... you have spot on imagery, I feel like Taylor Swift should show up and sing "Love Story." I don't know how this isn't in print.  5 stars!

Haha thanks!!!

nintendork11 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jul. 31, 2010 at 11:29 am
HOLY BAJEBUS!! THIS IS AMAZING. O_O this probably embodies my favorite type of poetry...sort of fantastical and mysterious...fantasy scenes. LOVE LOVE LOVEEE it. psstttt. hey! read more of mine and tell me what ya think! :D <3

Thanx i will!!

despurlock This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Wow! I have to say that this is one of my favorite poems I've read on this site and I realllyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy hope that this gets published! The imagry has a Transcendentalistic beautyh to it and your language is captivating! One word: Beautiful! I'm making this a favorite and giving it 5 stars! Keep up the phenomenal work! 

Thankyou soo much!!!!

MercedesXO said...
Jul. 29, 2010 at 11:45 am
This is absolutely amazing. I'm so glad you asked me to check out your work. I believe this should be published in the magazine. Incredible incredible job. You have such talent:)

MercedesXO replied...
Jul. 29, 2010 at 11:46 am
I added this to my favorites and im giving it 5 stars. Excellent job!! I applaud you.

MercedesXO replied...
Jul. 29, 2010 at 11:48 am
okay so not to be obsessive but i just re-read this again and i can't get over how amazing it is!! i HAD to comment again. I have such respect for this piece. WOW.

Thankyou soo much!!! i really appreciate it!!!

x-unknown said...
The imagry in this is amazing! I love the analogies you use and the wording gives this an... I don't know, vintage feel, I guess. Awesome work!!

Jul. 27, 2010 at 11:25 am
Thanks soo much!!!!

TravelingForWant said...
I really thought it was amazing. I think I'll try some story-like poetry. I just submitted all my for fun writing, and it's all philosophical. I want to try something inspiring like this. It was beautiful. 3rd stanza <3 gorgeous

Thankyou soo much!!! comment and tell me wen they r approved cuz ill take a look!!!!