MY DREAM | Teen Ink

MY DREAM

October 22, 2007
By Anonymous

I would like to be a gazelle running through the plains; both powerful and graceful with my every move. I would not want to be the hyena, crude and unsophisticated.

I would like to be a lily, for its soft and distinguished beauty. I would never want to be a rose, for its thorns and ordinary looks.

I would like to be the color red, the most powerful color of all. It controls the emotions that manipulates all humans: anger and love. I would never want to be stuck as a bland and unexciting color like beige.

I would like to be the number eight. The most perfect number. Infinite, never-ends, impression on whoever sees it. Never would I want to be the number one; which is always alone and incomplete.

I would like to be a circle, one cycle that is never-ending,always allowing change. I would never want to be a triangle, always structured with no room for mistakes.

I would like to be turquoise. Its beauty is unique and even with its imperfections it is still treasured. I would never want to be a diamond, something so flawless is not meant to be touched or loved, just seen.

I would like to be the air that people consume to survive, not water that suffocates their minds and lives.