Rain Makes Us Wet | Teen Ink

Rain Makes Us Wet

May 18, 2010
By BandGeek99 SILVER, Waterford, Connecticut
BandGeek99 SILVER, Waterford, Connecticut
8 articles 12 photos 37 comments

Favorite Quote:
"I hate to write, but I love to have written."
"'Sh! Guys. my mom's on the phone!' Guy in the back of the crowd: 'Pass the weed!'"
"Know Thyself."
"Crying does not show weakness. Since birth, it's been the only sign that we are alive."


Rain. The most stimulating sensation that could ever possibly be taken for granted in our every day. Rain. God's way of telling us that watering cans could never quite do the trick. Rain. Something I have grown to love immensley over the years. The only thing I can be sure of. The most unpredictable, unexplainable, untamed, lovely thing. Rain. It makes us wet. Never once has it made us dry. When the forboding clouds trace like malevolent messengers into the sky, sporting the canvas with gray streaks of the beautiful arbiters ornamented on the infinite blue page, you know- you know that rain will chronologically come to pass. You know that the array of majestic spokesmen of our Lord will make the ground condescending moist. And this knowledge that it will never alter, differ, change on us, is the best feeling you could have. Rain. Rain makes us wet.


The author's comments:
This is kinda a off-the-top-of-my-head article. I have no legitamate rough draft of this piece, but, hey, most people probably don't. :]