Drip, Drip, Drip | Teen Ink

Drip, Drip, Drip

By lullu GOLD, St. Paul, Minnesota
lullu GOLD, St. Paul, Minnesota

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference -Robert Frost
"Be the change you wish to see in this world"-Gandhi
"Love the art in yourself rather than yourself in the art"Constantin Stanislavsky.

Chapter 1: Habitat
Drip, drip, drip.  Test the waters with your humble feet.  I'm a pond with reflections and mystery.  You are welcome in my habitat.  Meet my friends, my tiny fish, and my playing children.  Step on my smooth, sandy, surface, and feel my fresh water, but watch out for my slimy seaweed.  We'll have perfect time playing together; burying in sand, paddling away, and unleashing new ideas.  On a pretty day, you can relax and forget about all the troubles.  So sit on my edge, perch on my rock as a shoulder and watch your ideas trickle into a valley.  Someday we will sail away, and we will discover new wonders.

Chapter 2: Tadpole
If tadpoles could become anything they want to be what would they choose? Would the tadpole choose to be a bird and fly or would it think not becuase it would eat other tadpole friends.  Or would the tadpole decide to morph into a human  and be able to seek things beyond its small tadpole mind.  But maybe this tadpole does not question it's nature or position in life, and it decides to continue venturing the humble lifestyle of morphing into a fish or a frog. But there is always one tadpole, who decides to wander elsewhere, and that tadpole is me and you.

Chapter 3: Water
Look at that magnificent waterfall.  How can water, such a delicate element be so dangerous in mass amounts?  Waterfalls are thought provocking with their mystical features looking translucent and maleable.  It displays colorful reflections, and strength to go against the current. So waterfall, paint me in your reflection and use your current to push me in the direction of my soul and help my lily pad roots grow firm and strong one day to play my role and become one with nature.

Chapter 4: Nature's Gifts
 Testing the waters is fun; it's like opening gifts. Be sure to hide the gifts from the frogs becuase of their sticky, sandpaper rough, tongues will snatch your valuables in a second due to envy or malicousmonia disease. Must be their fly meals these puck green, warty creatures chow down on.

Hey, Look!  There's a object floating in the water.  It looks like a dark, green, heart-shaped surface.  Oh, can't you smell the lush, frosty, sweet fragrence in the air coming from the dew drop lotus.  Let's step on to the lilly pad and we will drift away. 

While drifting in my tad pole body, small specks of tiny water particles dust me with sparkles as a fresh mist on the lotus.  Perhaps mother nature has mistaken me as a flower. Well I don't mind being a Lilly.  My thoughts drift off into imagining myself as a curious Lilly of the Valley at dawn, a fierce, Tiger Lilly in the day light, an elegant Calla Lilly at dusk, or a lotus at twilight.  Well good night, I'm off to my lotus. Don't let the bed frogs bite!

I was inspired by Walt Whitman's Blades of Grass poem and H.D. Thoreau's Walden Pond poetry. I hope you feel one with nature ad at peace after reading this piece.