Square Roots and Addition | Teen Ink

Square Roots and Addition

May 12, 2010
By lac0710 BRONZE, Parker, Colorado
lac0710 BRONZE, Parker, Colorado
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

The square root of you is technically you to the power of one half. And one half of you is logically one half of me. So if you are one half of me, I guess I am one half of you which would mean that the square root of me is technically me to the one half. Put us together and we make a whole because mathematically one half plus one half is one and when two people are together they make one couple which turns into one relationship out of a gazillion in this universe. Although if I were to lose you, that would be taking one half minus one half which would give you zero, but zero to a power still equals one. So ironically, I still equal one and I am still whole; empty without you, but whole. I am just one human being looking to be one half again to mix with another one half to create another one whole.


The author's comments:
My creative writing teacher gives us 3-5 topics to write about at the beginning of each class. Usually we do this writing warm-up for the first five minutes of class. The warm up one day was "The square root of you is..." and that is what inspired me to write this piece.