Ode To Muffy | Teen Ink

Ode To Muffy

By jjhelgeson SILVER, Anoka, Minnesota
jjhelgeson SILVER, Anoka, Minnesota

"Sometimes friends are good but some of the friends can be mean"

Remember when I was always mean to you and I always pulled your tail or threw you down the stairs? Well I know I was mean back then but I have changed. I have changed so much that I love u very much muff. I keep you safe from our dog, I always pet you and take care of you, and I will always take care and love you. I always feed you and check your water. And muffy you are an awesome cat. I was stupid back then. But you know I changed muffy, right? Oh yeah u can’t speak to me. I wish u would speak to me that would be very cool. You could tell me how u felt when I was mean to you, you can tell me when your hungry. You are a lovely cat with your fur as soft as a feather. You can eat a mole a rat or any small animal. You eat it then spit out half of it and u swallow the half that’s in your mouth and you eat the other half when you’re done with one half. You are very protective to me.

I went back in time and I took what my mom and sister said i did when i was little to our family cat. Everytime i read this poem, I think about how i acted when i was little to my cat