I've always wanted... This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

I've always wanted to write a good poem
That would unhinge your jaw and knock you off your feet,
That was arranged in creative stanzas so nice and neat.
That would make your hair stand on end and your mouth would foam.
Publishers with itchy palms would scratch their pens
On the dotted line where my name ends,
And missing relatives would come out of their dens
Swearing they baby-sat-me-once and I could make amends.
Because their time is worth my money.
I would be a household name.
But I don't think it would be the same.
My mind would be dark though my security sunny …
So I'll just stick to record players & the smells of a good coffee shop
And hope that the good poems just stop.

inkersThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jul. 8, 2011 at 5:24 pm:
This is very easy to realte to and very well written. I love how you don't sound cliche at all -- your voice is original, and I can tell that you're not trying to act like another person. You're just writing from the heart. Very good. <3

timevampire This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Jul. 8, 2011 at 7:56 pm :
Thank you. But I doubt that my writing is original... I merely have found how to hide my influences. But I'm glad that my poems fit in your heart.

inkersThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Jul. 8, 2011 at 11:18 pm :
Well, I think we all tend to hide our influences. But even so, I loved this.

alanacarlene said...

Yeah this is really great! I'm a bit of pessimist too....actually a lottta bit!

Ill check out some more of your work

rockergirl275 said...
this was awesome you did a really good job. my writing goes on forever :) though  i like yours.

Nov. 4, 2010 at 3:51 pm :

Thanks lady rocker girl person :)

& So does mine. I just meant that sometimes I don't want to be any good at it.

DreamWriter15 said...
Jun. 18, 2010 at 11:31 pm:
Aw, but I like this poem!  And since I want to be a writer when I graduate college, I can understand that it won't always be perfect.  I love the way you went from good and glory to not so great and down to "just stop".

Jun. 19, 2010 at 11:42 am :

I hope you make it.

It's just my way. I some times just am afraid of getting everything I ever wanted.

DreamWriter15 replied...
Jun. 19, 2010 at 1:30 pm :
Getting everything I ever wanted isn't exactly high on my list of things to accomplish in life.  I would like to have everything I ever NEEDED, even if others have more, but then, I don't need anymore.  I just want to do what God would have for me, and if that doesn't include being a writer, that's alright, but why would He give me a passion for writing if He didn't want me to exceed in it?

Jun. 22, 2010 at 1:04 pm :

I already have everything need. So the prospect or possibility  of having the things I deeply desire is a scary thing that creeps in the back of my mind. The thought of me being what I dream of or the pain it will take to get anywhere God wants me to go is a shadow that I'm afraid to let God shine out of my mind. If that makes any sence :/

That's the question isn't it. I mean your passion isn't always what God wants for you. Like George Washington love architecture. ... (more »)

DreamWriter15 replied...
Jun. 25, 2010 at 3:54 pm :
Either way, it's an interesting take on what would happen if you DID get what you want, regardless of what it was what God would want you to do.  We're all incomplete without God, so it doesn't matter if what we do is what we want to do or not, it would not be complete without Him.  So He would fulfill His will in accordance for  you, because He knows what is best for you.

Ammaz said...
May 26, 2010 at 7:41 am:
you really have a way with words. I really enjoy reading your poems. I'm not that great at writing what I think and feel sometimes, but when I do my writing is different from yours, I dont paint clear pictures, but rather emotions and bits of ideas. Its really awesome that you're able to express yourself like that.

May 27, 2010 at 6:26 pm :
That's funny. I didn't think I could write clear pictures, but what do you know.

Ammaz replied...
Jun. 1, 2010 at 9:14 am :
Its one of the things I like about your poems. The reader is able to see what you mean and picture it. When I write its more about emotion or a part of a moment. It my writing is clear to me (well sometimes it isnt lol), but others might not always get the whole idea. Your writing isnt like that. Thats pretty cool

thechlo said...
May 14, 2010 at 3:46 pm:
I love it! Both of your poems are great. This one reminds me of something I'd think about...I am a pessimist sometimes. You do a fantastic job of painting images in my head with your words. Thank you for my commenting my stuff, too!

May 19, 2010 at 4:01 pm :
Thanks :) I'm glad I could paint images in your mind that you liked :) I like your stuff to.

BoosflashThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
May 10, 2010 at 3:57 pm:
I love this poem also-its amazing what you can accomplish with a negative attitude. keep writing about the downsides of life and you'll be famous on teeink. very nice. do your dance.

May 10, 2010 at 6:17 pm :
Haha... Thanks!!! I have a lot of these kind of poems. But I mostly write about the upside just for me. A break from the downside. I'll put some of my pessimist poems on here. I have like three happy ones waiting though...

BoosflashThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
May 10, 2010 at 6:18 pm :
oh please no happy stuff. JK I'll read it.

May 11, 2010 at 12:41 pm :
Hahaha... Ok I'll try to be more dark in the future.