I have learned | Teen Ink

I have learned

March 30, 2010
By SkyeA. GOLD, Deer Island, Oregon
SkyeA. GOLD, Deer Island, Oregon
13 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
Death is as light as a feather, Duty heavier than a mountain.


In life I have learned many lessons and this is a list of a portion of them.

I have learned that love is more valuable than gold.
I have learned that life is more precious than diamonds.
I have learned that laughter is more important than being right all the time.
I have learned that as long as you believe in yourself than others will believe in you too.
I have learned that life is not about what you achieve but why you do it.
I have learned that doubting yourself is giving others room to doubt you too.
I have learned that no matter how rich or poor your family is they’re yours so you should love them anyways.
I have learned that love can heal a suffering soul.
I have learned that forgetting is sometimes better for you than remembering.
I have learned that forgiving others is not as important as forgiving yourself.
I have learned that sometimes what you want sometimes goes against what is best for you.
I have learned that fitting in is sometimes worse than standing out.
I have learned that you should never cry over anything material as long as you have the memories they gave you.
I have learned that love is the only thing worth fighting for.
I have learned that a piece of land is not worth a single person’s life.
I have learned that giving to others is giving to yourself.
I have learned that it’s hard to sleep when you’re mad.
I have learned that my tears are nothing to be ashamed of.
I have learned not to look upon others with spite for someday they might have power over your life.
I have learned that I choose what I feel and how things will affect me.
I have learned that my past doesn’t tell me who I am I choose who I am.
I have learned that pain I endure simply makes me stronger.
I have learned that fear is what makes us human.
I have learned that when tomorrow is not known the possibilities are endless.
I have learned that when you trust yourself it’s easier to trust others.
I have learned that most lessons learned are worth sharing.
I have learned that it’s hard to learn from your mistakes.


The author's comments:
This is for all the people who taught me to live, laugh, and love with all I have.