Do you remeber me? | Teen Ink

Do you remeber me?

I am the look of horror upon your face when tragedy falls so hard, with despair all around. Because of that one moment in time, the one gamy, absolutely amazing, unforgettable moment in time, I am now here.

As I step into your life I take all of the stars out of the sky, so that you can no longer wish upon them. When I am around the air is cold and blank, the earth stands still in the silence for no thoughts dare to be spoken. You look at me but all you see is charcoal. Charcoal is the color of ashes, ashes that are left behind the once lit flame that so soon after has burned out.

A new day begins, hoping that I have left you presence, push comes to shove and I am once again face to face with you. I will never leave you alone, not truly. However, I sometimes mistake myself and you find that one lone star left in the night’s sky to light your way home or to make all of your dreams come true. Be careful, though, some say only moments before their happiest moments in life occur, I am sent to visit them. Have you ever met me before? If you are unfamiliar with me my name is Regret.