Secret Sharing

Secret Sharing

friends are always there for you
except for when they're not
this includes a best friend
to whom you tell a lot

you never really know
when those friends will turn their back
or tell those many secrets
and privacy you'll lack

but there is no friend like a sister
and no sister like mine
i tell her all my secrets
our relationship does shine

friends can tell other friends
who then continue the chain
we become a rope of sand
alone and in pain

friends cannot be trusted
or at least not on a whole
but i can always confide in my sister
we share a heart and sole

Angelkiss415 said...
Apr. 5, 2010 at 7:39 am
I love my sister very much and I can relate to this poem as I don't have any friends at school and I am a loner all I have is my sister and thats all. I would love to be friends with you but would you accept it

Shabanana replied...
thank you so much i really appreciate it. we can be poetry buddies but in terms of safety i think it better we keep it at that because i really know nothing about you.

Angelkiss415 replied...
Thats fine with me I am waiting for my poem to be approved its taken a long time for them to approve it. But when it does get published you can read it. Its called I Wait. I hope you enjoy it. And I hope to publish more poetry later.

babigerl1194 said...
i agree but my sister is worse than that. shes a rat.

Shabanana replied...
don't rat on your sister like that try talking to her. she also may be too young to understand. i used to fight with my sister constantly but now i said to her "i hate this constant fighting and i want to be friends. we are sisters and we should treat each other like sisters.

zayde jake said...
Apr. 2, 2010 at 11:38 am
Splendid ironic opening, culminating in a warm, thoughtful ending, with nuggets of insight scattered throughout the middle of the piece. Altogether a compact gem of a poem. I'm really proud of your abilities. Are you really not even in high school yet?

Shabanana replied...
dear zayde, thanks so much and yes i am positive that i am in 8th grade but next year i will be in high school.