Ode To Converse

As I get ready to walk out the door
I tie my laces
Preparing to take you all sorts of places
To school, to work, to the park, and to the store
These are just a few places
I could name so many more.

You’re my Converse
Black and white
You’re not to loose
You’re not too tight

When I wear long jeans
You’re out of sight
I even wore you once
When I got in a fight

In sunshine, rain, or snow
My Converse are with me anywhere I go
My Converse are the perfect thing to cover my feet
But with a dress they’re not so neat

And even though you’re old and worn down
You are my Converse
And you will always be around.

belle said...
haha i'd like that it just surprises me how many people read my stuff on here, and the fact that they enjoy it makes it even better(:

kenzy said...

omg! i really like this ode! and what is this conversation about? the point of comments is that you share what you like of what the person wrote, not make a big fuss about everything, even thought i do not know you guys, why dont we all be friends here, well not in a you know like go to the movies friends, but friends on the internet, like they dont fight all the time. how about that. because this conversation is very wierd. I think that i am going to report abuse. but first i need to know... (more »)

Lana Fernylap said...
well if you really feel that way about me then fairwell. i was going to ask you out, but now i decided that i do not want to ask you out. i want to ask your best friend out!

Lana Fernylap said...
well if you really feel like that about me, then i dont think that i want to ask you out j.l is awesome, i have found my real love which is jidgjisgjiroegiergoe. now i hope that we will me some day <3

j.l is awesome said...
OMG! girlfriend, i luv converse, and i love this ode to converse! in my school i am wrighting about converse also! and its also and ode! but its way more different than this one! i alredy finished :) girl, you know how to wright bout converse! u made them look awesome on the internet!

sdfh replied...
ur so wierd! not in a good way

lana Fernylap replied...
Omg belle i love this "ODE" i think that it is more like a poem, it is so cool how you rhymed and stuff like that. oh and btw: j.l is awesome, you are not wierd, i actually think that you are kinda cool to hand out with, i wish, im not a stalker, that we can meet sometime and be friends! =) that would be awesome. you might think that i am wierd because i dont use texting language well i only use "OMG" but that is all. i am actually kind of cool and funv to hang out. i know that i changed the sub... (more »)

jidgjisgjiroegiergoe replied...
bak off lana person! j.l is my bff!!! im sitting wit her rite now nd she is my best friend in the whole world!! back off! nd ur very weird. like very weird. o, nd btw: j.l is very shy, bt once some! like me is here best friend, then she is like the collest person ever!!! thxs!

qwifqpfhqifqn replied...
o, nd im the 1 who just said that means tuff, srry!!! i dont mean 2 b so rude, nd belle, ur awesome!! j.l nd i r like obsessed wit converse nd u just made it a lot better!!!! luv ya girlfriend!!!!!!!! 8 }

i <3 converse!!! :) replied...
like omg! i luv converse soooo much!! kiss kiss 2 whoever this belle girl is!! nd j.l is awesome, i luv ya girl!! ur now like my idol!! tell me more about ya! i wuld luv 2 meet u!

belle replied...
wow i just read all these comments haha to all the people who liked my piece; thank you that means a lot. I love converse too i always wear them but as for the strange conversation soem people have had on my piece well i'm not sure what to say to that but again thank you i'm glad you enjoyed it.(:

j.l is awesome replied...
May 11, 2010 at 10:09 am
omg! same here! wehave so much in commom i hope we can b friends sometime!

hiiiii replied...
May 12, 2010 at 10:26 am
wazzzz up my homies!!! i like luv ya belle!!!! this is soooo cool!!!!! i luv converse soooo much!!!! u rock girl!!!! :) biiii luv u!!!!

paul replied...
May 16, 2010 at 8:03 am
yo people, you guys are VERY weird, but great poem belle!!! :) and lana fernylap, you should see a doctor or something, but anyway, like your poem ,peace!

belle replied...
haha thank you to the new people who have read this i'm glad you like it but no need to be mean to the people who had that strange conversation. if you like this piece read some more of my stuff i love your feedback(: