Red

By , Easton, PA
Red

Red. Fire. Heat. Love.

Temptation dipped in flaming tongues of passion, it rears its head. Scarlet waves surge and crash. Like life itself, swirling through our very veins. Sparkling with unbound energy, it grabs the mind and holds us captive.

Ripped away from all other thought, we find ourselves caught up in the sensation of crimson, this way of being. It surrounds us; it encompasses our very soul, intertwining with our emotions. Showing us the beauty and romance of our world while raging its bittersweet song.

When it loosens its grip, we return to our illusion of reality while simply sinking into a rosy pool of inadequacy. Until we let go of that illusion, we can never truly let go of our hold on this world.

Only then will scarlet tendrils blur the edges of our minds and let us truly understand the power and passion of the color red.

EndlessNoise This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Nov. 23, 2009 at 11:01 am
thanks for all the great feedback guys. :)

Inkspired said...
Absolutely amazing. So beautiful. So well written, every word is amazing. Love it!

Kiana_M said...
You're imagery is powerful.
I can feel the strength, I really love this one.
Keep on writing, I'd love to read more like this =)

- Kiana, (rate my latest poem, please?)

purpleheart said...
Aug. 14, 2009 at 12:39 am
Very well written. The description was just amazing. I felt all the emotions you described. I loved everything about it!! Keep writing I'd love to see more of your poems!!

Rhea D. Ravenfinger said...
That's really good. When reading it, the color red is everywhere. It got me captured beautifully.

Sam T. said...
Oh. My. God. How do you write like that? It was amazing! Like everyone else said it was really powerful.

cnlozier said...
Jan. 16, 2009 at 1:25 am
Wow, an aspiring piece of work! I like it a lot! Very detailed and descriptive, very profound. It was more of an art piece than a writing piece. I am speechless!

xxJustxxme said...
This is awesome!

miss.bliss1 said...
Beautiful..and it also has (like lily said) raw emotion. Keep writeing!

Lily said...
Wow, very powerful. I love the raw emotion and imagrey.