stranger

She's an outsider life's never met
Inside her mind no forgive or forget
She keeps her identity locked up inside
Inside her shadow is where she will hide
She'd really like to meet herself get to know life
Inside her troubled mind lives a darkened strife
Her sillhouetted image lies within the stone
The wall starts to crumble the sillhouette is gone
Captive in a low bitter air
She looks for her shadow but it isnt there
Her mind wanders freely her shadow it seeks
Little by little her identity sinks
Into the darkness back into the stone
Up above the darkness her shadow wanders alone
She starts to disappear her lonely mind cages her
Typical day in the life of a stranger
By MORGAN BROOKE HILL age 13

real~deal said...
i like it. read mine 2?

Kiana_M said...
I really like this one, a lot =)
I don't understand why it's last on the list.
Keep writing, you're wonderful.
Read my latest poem, I'm 13 too :)

- Kiana

MariaMarie This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I love this poem! -Why in the world do people find it so hard to believe ur only 13? I was writing stuff like this and about love all the time when i was only 12- i kinda miss those days. I'm 14 now and i think i wrote better when i was younger :) It was less confusing. Anyway, i really do like this. You're gonna be one of the best writers one of these days if you keep with it! Could u check out some of mine please?

wnafeelweightless19 said...
wow you're only 13! ha and you're way better than me. i also have a poem named stranger, which is how i cam across yours. but they're very different.check it out! TeenInk.com/raw/Poetry/article/124346/Stranger/

Mushroom:) said...
Very interesting poem. I like how the ending explained it all. Very well described.

iluvsoccer50 said...
May 30, 2009 at 1:42 am
Wow, very good... is it about you??
Another good poem for everybody is at this link:

TeenInk.com/raw/Poetry/article/112480/Where-Im-From/

Copy and paste and read the poem! Please leave comments and vote.

Kelsey H. said...
As I read this poem, I felt the rhythm pulsing through my body. I could see this stranger, and how she acted. This is splendid poetry. Very well done. Keep writing.

Jaquie This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Wow. That was amazing. Not only your imagery, but also your conveyance of the feelings. The words you used made me tingle inside with the possibilities. Yet the meaning remained so ambiguous, it left it open for our own thoughts and experiences to manipulate it. Fantastic job. Keep writing.
Gob bless,
...,

nxexnxaxj said...
this is amazin =]
chec out my stuff?

Rhea D. Ravenfinger said...
Goodness gracious! Beautiful! I love the words that you used and I read it aloud to myself and the poem flows! Wow. By now you're probably fourteen cause this is 2009 but goodness! Write! What will come out of your awesome imagination, I am exicted to know.

When I was thirteen my poems were . . . okay but yours is brilliant! Compliment!

Poetrywritter said...
this is good, not just for your age. i love the way you opened it up.

anomalei said...
there's a good rhythm to this... good ideas, and i love it.

very very excellant for being 13! that's about when i started writing. and i felt about the same that you did... don't worry; everything will get better. it does.

miss.bliss1 said...
I disagree with Wolfie. There will always be pepole who don't like you weather your being yourself or not. But then again there will always be peopole who WILL like you if your yourself. What I'm trying to say is dont be scared to be yourself even if some pepole (who are idiot's by the way) don't like you.

DaretoDream said...
Very powerfuly and incredibly truthful about so many people. Your talent is amazing, especially at your age.

Wolfie said...
Oct. 20, 2008 at 4:54 am
thats good. is it about u? are u the stranger? if so i kno how u feel. bacause i was an outsider for many years. but when u do find ureself u can come out and just be ure self and dont think of wat the others say. just tell ure self that u like ure self for who u are and then ppl will start to like u.

Areil Diffson said...
Loved how you opened your poem. Gives you a feeling of understanding awareness and a suprising thoughtfulness. Keep on writing, as your skills grow, so will your publicity.

miss.bliss1 said...
Wow..cant belive your only 13. That's a very good poem.