Hard To Break | Teen Ink

Hard To Break

February 23, 2010
By BrigitteMartinez SILVER, Simi Valley, California
BrigitteMartinez SILVER, Simi Valley, California
7 articles 0 photos 3 comments

Favorite Quote:
What's a life if you never take chances and are always bitter....


HARD TO BREAK

I am not one, who shares his feelings,
My soul, my heart isn’t revealing
I’m not the kind that gets a heartache
But everyone around me thinks I’m hard to break.

I hate the feeling of sadness that flows
It reminds me of memories that carries pain and sorrow
I hold back the tears, a pain I can’t take
But everyone around me thinks I’m hard to break.

No matter how hard or terrifying is the fall,
I get back on my feet standing tall
So much effort and strength I make
But everyone around me thinks I’m hard t break


The author's comments:
What inspired me to write these piece is by observing the pain and horrible memories that one of my loved ones has to go through everyday. I see my family member struggle with his emotions daily. I honestly think that he feels that everyone around him considers that he cannot feel any sort of emotion. He always hides his feelings to everyone, afraid of what might happen if someone knew what goes through his mind and heart. After I saw how he felt, I decided to write him this poem. I wanted to show him that I knew what he was going through at harsh moments and that he wasn't alone. I hope that when people read this poem that he or she can try to relate someone who feels like this, that he or she can show these emotions. I think that anyone who feels like this should not be afraid or intimidated of what they feel. By the way, we are only human, everyone feels like this at a certain moment in their lives.