The inevitable

Looking at the sky, screaming to be free. The rain's pounding onto me. Wondering why this had to happen, it seemed inevitable at the time. Now I see all the ways it could've changed, because now he's not mine.

Falling, flying, then I hit the ground. Running in circles, spinning round and round. All the things we could've been, but we're not. I guess forever's not as long as we thought.

The way we touched and sparks would fly, the way you would catch me looking at the sky. Dreaming for tomorrow and screaming for today. Trying to find the way, to control what I'm feeling, to control what's in my head. But you always said If you're not happy then it's not the end.

Looking at the sky, screaming to be free. Of this bitter and empty feeling. He's not here, but he should be. I thought I was flying, but really I was falling. Then I hit the ground, and I was back.

Back to reality.
Back to the inevitable.
back to he's still not mine.