Lightning Storm

In a cold, windy, open, plain, small drops of water drip off of leaves as more come down heavily. Huge, grey clouds quickly form overhead. Small strips of blue sky are becoming scarce. The pounding heartbeat of rain now falls so hard it splashes drenched mud like dark fountains from their original pools. Rumbling vibrations grow stronger as booming thunder plunges closer. Frightening lights of electricity fill the busy sky like fireworks. The flat plain glows under each sudden bolt of light. The pitter-patter of powerful rain increases. Trees shriek as they bow to the ground repeatedly after each strike of light. Lightning splits in two and zips around like a dragonfly. The grassy plain trembles as it if it were rippling water. Beautiful flowers stood like soldiers, straight and tall, but presently bow toward the ground struggling to gain back their natural upright posts. Lightning storms can demonstrate the dramatic performance of nature that appears both perilous and awesome at the same time.