You're Drinking Again | Teen Ink

You're Drinking Again

By LippStickkLullabies GOLD, Dassel, Minnesota
LippStickkLullabies GOLD, Dassel, Minnesota

"I am not here to judge any of you, I have no malice for you, and no ribbons for you. But I think its high time that you all look around, and see the lie you're living in." --Charles Manson

History is repeating, faster my heart is beating. It feels worse than before, let the bottle hit the floor. What else is there for me to do, but worry so much about you? Just another night, in constant fright. Why do I even try, so hard not to cry? Quit slamming the door, it makes it hurt that much more. Your eyes are sore and red, just like my bed. Full or blood that spilled, my wrists are thrilled.

I wrote this on Oct. 22 of 2009. My dad had finished AA treatment, and started drinking and getting drunk not long after. It had been months since I had seen him like that, he looked so..vulnerable. And it scared me. I forgot what it was like to have an alcoholic father. It took me a long time before I could get used to it again. I'd hide in my room till morning, and cry all night. My dad became a whole new person when he gave into the bottle again, and not just beer, he loves his Captain and Pepsi. The year before, I fought with my dad all the time, and sometimes a honestly hated him, but then things changed so much and I began not to despise him as much, and I started respecting him again. Then respect grew to like, and before I knew it I loved my daddy again. When he was forbidden from the alcohol, he was clearer, more real. And I got to see who my dad really was. Though his secrets came out more when he was drunk, and I discovered the truths he tried so much to hide. Well I guess I've gotten off track now, but this is what this poem is for. <3 you Daddy..