Dolls

The dolls will come alive tonight
Into the light
We’ll have a fright
The dolls will come alive tonight

Every little girl and boy
Will see their toy
Their wonderous joy
Every little girl and boy

They’ll go parading in the street
With tiny feet
Until they meet
They’ll go parading in the street

The parents will not have a clue
Of what to do
About the zoo
The parents will not have a clue

They’ll dance around the town’s best square
With long loose hair
And fancy wear

From beds they’ll throw the garden flowers
Adding powers
With the hours

And then at last the night will end
The dolls will bend
Dreams will mend
And then at last the night will end

apocalyptigirl said...
Cute! I could totally see this in a book of children's poems...

MayaElyashiv This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Sept. 14, 2010 at 7:26 am
Haha thank you!

HeronHero said...
May 2, 2010 at 1:32 am
This is my favorite so far, I used to think my stuffed animals would come alive when I was a little kid:)I had'nt thought about that in a long while!hahaha Anyway you did a really great job. I'd love to see this published:)

May 2, 2010 at 1:53 am
I used to think that too! Thanks for all the input!

HeronHero replied...
May 2, 2010 at 11:30 am
Haha yea I swear every little kid does:) and your welcome, a lot of the time I read other people's stuff and they never read mine. So thanks for reading, it means a lot!

lol101 said...
Apr. 26, 2010 at 11:16 am
wow! very creative I looooved the repetition. This reminds me of Dr. Suess or nursery rhymes. This piece is my favorite of all your articles (I read them all) You have talent but I like this one best. Keep writing! :)

May 2, 2010 at 1:51 am
Thank you! Wow, I can't believe you read all of them...you sure have patience! :D

ImDumbStruck This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
wow this is so good! I love the imagery it gives off, and the concept is really great too :)

Nikiblue said...
This was very good, but I think the repetition of the first sentences in the stanzas was a little unnecessary until the final section of the poem. I loved the beat and rhyming though, it was excellent. Keep up the good work!

Thank you so much for the input! Do you think you could take a look at some more? For some reason I only get comments on "Dolls" and on none of the others...and "Dolls" isn't my best piece!

Nelle:) said...
Feb. 10, 2010 at 11:48 am
Thank-you for the positive feedback it's really appreciated :) and this is maagical really enchanting, I love it !

Thank you to you too!

MiniCooperFan said...
This is great!!

big daddy said...
Amazing. Nothing less.

DDuck said...
Feb. 2, 2010 at 7:09 am
Powerful! great beat.

goddess_of_the_moon_123 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Feb. 1, 2010 at 11:35 am
Really cool! Love the imagery!

.Thanks!!!