Heart on Fire

My heart is on fire
My soul is alight
My conscience is burning
My brain is out of site
My lips are blazing
My eyes are aflame
My skin is simmering
I cannot be tamed
Try as you might to calm me down
Say that you need me
Plead on the ground
But whatever you do there's one thing you can't say
Don't ever claim that I'll need you someday

xBaByGiRrL22x said...
wow. 5 stars..thats really all i can say. my favorite is the last two lines:)) very strong

BlackHoleHighAlum This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I'm giving this four stars because it seems your forcing the rhyme instead of letting it come naturally. I like the premise of the poem. Good job!

crazyforchrist This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
May 30, 2010 at 10:04 am
I love the imagery in this. I understand the emotion in this. Very well written.

annexgrey This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Apr. 6, 2010 at 6:42 am
This is fantastic! I really like the rhyme and how your poem flows so well, and the last line is delivered so amazingly - it's like a whack where it hurts the most.

hyperactivemayfly This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Hey, you commented on my article (death in suburbia) but I never check the comments, so I just found that you asked me to check this out and I did and I love it!! Check out more of my work, 'k? And I'll check yours out and rate it and maybe we'll both get published ;)

ashbash This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
wow, this poem is amazing! great job!