And the Angel said...

“You are the light of my eyes…” Stop! How can this be? I sit here on this cold ground and I stare at my thoughts. Pondering, why does this keep happening to me? How could such a thing occur in one’s life? I watch you walk by…every day with that cretinous smirk on your beautiful face. Shrouded with pain. This isn’t a dream, just a nightmare I fear. Only in a past life, would I lay in a field of white roses, enclosed by your scent. Wisps of wind tickle my nose, a smile on blissful face. “Angel, you are my life.” Filled with undying light. Darkness crept in with every soothing word. How could I be so blind to believe in promises that were nothing but lies? Once filled with warmth and safety, now a frigid interior. Blood replaced by a liquid more dense than lead. Shallow breaths escape my frost-bitten lips…the ones you kissed. My heart slipped through the huge gaps between your fingers. Landing in an ocean full of ice. I suppose my love was nothing but a hoax. I wasn’t enough for you. Forever was shorter than I imagined…

dominicana said...
Feb. 15, 2010 at 8:08 pm:
Amazing poem I especially liked the last few lines keep on writing!

MarinaOreo replied...
Feb. 15, 2010 at 8:26 pm :
Thanks! :)

DallysGrrl said...
Feb. 7, 2010 at 9:37 am:
You're welcome! Keep writing-I can tell you have a passion 4 it and I think that you should keep pushing to write. You can make it far if you try hard enough.

MarinaOreo replied...
Feb. 7, 2010 at 11:14 am :
Yea, you're right. But i can't tell what I want to do. I want to write but I also want to be a neurosurgeon. Tough decision!

DallysGrrl replied...
Feb. 7, 2010 at 10:04 pm :
Well, you can be both. I want 2 b a doctor and an author. You can write in your free time or publish science journals. You can put them both together or work on each seperately. It doesn't matter, as long as you do wat u luv!!!!

MarinaOreo replied...
Feb. 8, 2010 at 5:33 am :
Very true :)

DallysGrrl replied...
Feb. 8, 2010 at 3:33 pm :
Well good luck. Ill keep looking 4 your writing!

MarinaOreo replied...
Feb. 8, 2010 at 3:54 pm :
Thanks a bunch :)

DallysGrrl said...
Feb. 6, 2010 at 7:45 pm:
AWESOME. So awesome. I was just looking for something to read and then I found a comment you had written. Just by the way you commented I could tell you were a poet. So then I read this and i was like....WOAH. It's so good. I kno im the 1st 2 comment on this but dont lose faith-you really have a talent here.

MarinaOreo replied...
Feb. 6, 2010 at 8:30 pm :
Thank you so much!! :)