Dear "friend" | Teen Ink

Dear "friend"

By Riah. BRONZE, Hemet, California
Riah. BRONZE, Hemet, California

"Music is my religion." -Jimi Hendrix

"Dreams are illustrations... from the book your soul is writing about you." -Marsha Norman

Dear friend, my magnificent liar. You've suffocated my thoughts with tall tales and barbed wire. Tied together here in my head. They scream and cry with the lies they've been fed. Poor them in, yes tell me more. Until they fill and scatter upon the floor. Do you see it? Squirming all over the dirty neon tile. I lie here empty all the while. Until i find myself staring hard into the fogged mirrors behind your glossy eyes. Still i bare no reflection. The feel of your breath penetrates my frozen skin and did i mention. i laugh harshly at to myself having thought you ever controlled me. Now you're the one who trembles before your own faults, no longer able to see. I'll tell ya one thing kid, you're my mistake that never should have been made. And now your marvelous trademarks remain beneath the shade. Burned and engraved in the back of my mind. You will never find the truth because it was the meaning you always left behind....