Interview | Teen Ink

Interview

By ahslax29 SILVER, Hartland, Wisconsin
ahslax29 SILVER, Hartland, Wisconsin

He is 17 years old and a senior in high school. He has all of his friends and family in one town and your mom tells you that you’re moving to a new city and school. Jordan Peterson experienced this 5 months ago. He was going to be a senior at Waupun high school where he played football and had a girlfriend for two years. He had to leave everything when his mother told him that he would be moving to Hartland and would be to attend Arrowhead High School.
“I’ve heard so many things about Arrowhead. I’ve heard it called the University of Arrowhead, one of the best schools in the state for football. And with me playing football, I thought I had no chance of playing, let alone starting.”
“Ever since I started playing football my goal was to win a state championship. And I figured that I have come to the right place. Arrowhead is known for winning state championships,” he says.
“I started and played both ways at Waupun and I thought that it would be impossible for me to play this year.” After the first day of football Jordan had earned a starting spot on the defense.
“I couldn’t believe it. I told all of my friends back at Waupun that I was starting at Arrowhead. They just laughed and said yeah right; I’ll believe it when I see it.”
Jordan started all 13 games for Arrowhead and had a great year.
“I am very happy with how the season went. Playing at Arrowhead gives players a greater chance of getting recruited by colleges,” he says.

Playing football helped Jordan make new friends and feel more comfortable in the new school and town he was to call home.
“Everything was new to me. I had no friends. No family. No one to talk to,” he says.
Football helped Jordan meet new people and get some numbers of other guys who would eventually be his best friends.
“Now it wasn’t so bad. I had made some friends and knew some people. The worst of it was over,” he says.
Jordan likes his new school and since he started, he has made many new friends and enjoys his new home. “I want to go onto college and play football. I want to get into med school and become a doctor. I also want to marry a model when I’m older,” Jordan says with a smile.
“Moving to a new school has changed me and has made me new friends. I thought that it would ruin my life, but actually has changed it for the better.”