Secrets Camoflauged in Leopard Spots | Teen Ink

Secrets Camoflauged in Leopard Spots

By MoreliAthea BRONZE, Oceania, Maine
MoreliAthea BRONZE, Oceania, Maine

Take sides. Neutrality helps the opressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. - Elie Wiesel.

Despite all my rage, I am still just a rat in a cage!

The clammiest cold hands snake up my spine as I sit in a towel on the floor in my bedroom in front of the full legnth mirror, a cotton candy kiss abandoned in the corner.
The dewdrops of water on my shoulder from the shower. Drenched dripping hair clings to my face, like a giant octopus gripping the human race.
Looking at my self, I feel a steel toe kick explode in my gut. The shockwaves disperse and melt down my heart, three thousand degrees and climbing, the engine stalls and skips a beat.
The eyes looking back don't even belong to me. The soft cheeks I touch with fingers that are no longer mine.

Tear filled eyes and a conflicted mind, the plague that I suffer from has been with me the while time.
In another world I cant help but to reside, So I suck it all in and move on with my life.

Baby, you killed me. In death more alive than living numb all the time. Walking with a wild leopard, you admire her natural beauty. Walking through the plains of the hot Serengetti.
Overwhelmed by feelings of hopeless uncertainty.
Let her lead you and deceive you, she'll defend and befriend you, then turn around and eat you, licking every last drop of blood from the dirt.
Keeping your deepest darkest secrets bottled up inside can lead to a lifetime of loneliness and hurt.