Best Friends Forever This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

We've been friends now,

for quite a while.

Through ups and downs,

tears and smiles.

All those letters ending,

best friends forever.

All those ideas,

some crazy, some clever.

We shared the bad times,

and the happiness,

We know our friendship,

would be nothing less.

The times we spent together,

I'll always keep in my heart.

We know these memories,

would last from the start.

Talking for hours on the phone,

you always had good advice to loan.

So I dedicate this poem to you,

because you're a friend who has stayed true!

soldout said...
To add some interest, you could change the title to " Me through You" or " Friends to Eternity". Try bringing a unique spark so more people are intrigued. After all, friendship can be expresses in so many ways. Find one that's fun to read!

BeatleMania16 said...
this poem is well written. it moved me, because i'm experiencing the break-up of a 7-year friendship...

Fitzgerald96 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
This was a beautiful poem. You stated how everyone who is fortunate enough to have best friends or a best friend feels without leaving out anything or over gushing. It was simply what everyone wishes to articulate to their best friends. I loved it honest clear concise keep writing.     

TapeAbuser said...
luv luv luv this. totally reminds me of my best friend. wen we first met she HATED me XD luv this poem AND my best friend!!! <3

Lindseyliar said...
Aug. 10, 2011 at 11:37 am
LOVE this!

hannersXD said...
Aug. 10, 2011 at 10:40 am
omgg... i relate so much.  amazing use of words to express yourself!  i love it!!!!

DarkenRose said...
Jul. 20, 2011 at 10:03 am
Really good and it's so beautiful:)

Saffy96 said...
Sorry, but I think you need to focus on using more strong emotion and passionate feelings than you used in this poem. The phrases and words were slightly predictable and clique. My advice: read more classical poetry and try practising similar language.

svanb replied...
Sept. 1, 2011 at 2:16 am
I agree with your feedback. It was a simple poem with simple words. With a theme as powerful as friendship, it could have had stronger use of words.

BoRdIcLe replied...
I agree 100%. If her friendship with this person meant a lot to her i would expect she'd use stronger words.

bochoyboy said...
I didnt really like this poem very much. there are alot of very bland thoughts and ideas I thought. also its not really a subject i can relate on so maybe thats it.

LovelyBlueRose said...
Jul. 19, 2011 at 6:31 am
I tagged this as FAVORITE!

ElleNicole said...
Jul. 11, 2011 at 11:05 am

This is kinda like my poem 'Change' ...

Check it out?

RanaHewezi1998 said...
Jun. 27, 2011 at 10:44 am
awwwwwhhhh :') this poem is amazing! it totally describes my bff n I!

MIssy96396 said...
May 6, 2011 at 11:43 am
good poem! i showed it to my bestfriend <33

SeCeRtFrIeNd said...
THis poem is beautiful and i luv it, you did a really good job.....this poem is passionate, keep on writing poems you are really good at it. :)

Missyninja said...
I Love it! It's really good :)

ilovewriting95 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Great job! I loved it.

madbunnymonique said...
This is sooooooooo good my bestfrieng got kicked out of school because of me and i made her read this we both started to cry

emoducks said...
Mar. 31, 2011 at 11:27 am
this was an amazing poem :) i loved it :)