Myself | Teen Ink

Myself MAG

I try to run from myself,

but the distance to run is too great

I try to hide from myself,

but wherever I turn it's myself that I face

So I fall,

aware of myself

and I stay,

full of disgust at my own existence

How can I accept myself,

when people all around me judge me

by the impossible standards that surround me

angel.b. said...
on Jul. 16 2010 at 9:28 am
i love this poem who ever rote this is a great poet .....

on Jul. 31 2009 at 6:32 pm
Ashley Pendergrass BRONZE, Katy, Texas
Hey, this poem was written beautifully. It reminded me of how I sometimes feel. However, for whoever this peom was written...I wish to recommend this book that has truly helped me personally. If their ready for change--change is what they'll get. The way out doesn't get any clearer than this. If they take everything to heart...benefits are the only outcome. It's called "Your Best Life Now" by Joel Osteen. Wait and see, how God influences your life. I'll testify to this, because based on Him, my life has turned for the better.

on Jul. 31 2009 at 6:05 pm
Ashley Pendergrass BRONZE, Katy, Texas
Know how this person feels, and you described it so perfectly. It's almost like a disease--that only continues to worsen.

on Mar. 14 2009 at 4:36 am
hannahmichelle PLATINUM, Lewisburg, Pennsylvania

Passion doesn't look beyond the moment of its existence.

oh I love that you realize the insecurity. and I will not assume this is about yourself seeing as how it's possible it's about someone, from their view, but i am curious, if it is a "self-portrait," how can they accept you if you don't accept yourself?

mindymax GOLD said...
on Mar. 1 2009 at 10:38 pm
mindymax GOLD, Armona, California

"The whole world looked drunk, and I liked it that way." - Rebeca Godfrey, book title"The Torn skirt"

knowing your self to be so insignificant can make every thing else seem to significant,and you belittle yourself. seeing only your faults can get the better of you,and you should'nt let others choose who you are...overall nice poem