Ink. | Teen Ink

Ink.

November 10, 2009
By tgower BRONZE, Sooke, Other
tgower BRONZE, Sooke, Other
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"a minute of perfection was worth the effort. A moment was the most you could ever expect from perfection."
– Fight Club (this is just one of many favourite quotes!)


Colourful ink dancing up his arms, wrapped around the skinny figure turning him a piece of art work, I follow him with my eyes then my body…
up the stairs of the bus and gracefully into a seat.
I sit a couple seats in front of him and on the other side of the aisle, I don't want to look to obvious…
he grabs the news paper from the seat behind me and pauses for an instance I think he might talk to me, he doesn't and I remember I'm still listening to music, some how it had completely faded into the background of my conscious…
I made a judgment error in sitting in front of him instead of behind cause now I have to look behind me to see him…
I'm not even sure if he's good looking or not and his clothing is way to trendy for my taste, it's just the ink, maybe a reflection of his soul, maybe his conscious, but probably just some pretty pictures on his arm.

The author's comments:
I wrote this on the bus from school one afternoon after seeing a guy this some really pretty, colourful tattoos. This piece is just me musing on this moment, and the tattoos. It is my take on prose/poetry, I originally wrote it as non-fiction prose, but I just feel that it could really go either way.