Homelessness This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

My home can be

everywhere

or nowhere.

My daily meals

consist

of anything or

nothing.

My knick-knacks

and baubles

are the clothes

I

wear.

My money

is

only what

others

give me.

I am a being.

I am human.

I am homeless.

If only people

could see

where I stand.

and

help me

through

this all.

Will this loneliness

ever end?

Will I begin

a

new life?

Does

anyone

care?

Because

I

am here.

I

am

real.

I

cannot

be ignored.

I am a person.

I am alive.

And...

I am homeless. n

JessW. said...
Im glad Im not the only one who thinks this way. Wen i say stuff like this to my friends, they just say stuff like "who cares. we dont kno them, and theyr wierd. why should we care about them?" and so im glad we have the same opinion about the homeless

kfjljyjdkjktkykg replied...
Feb. 16, 2010 at 10:58 am :
that really sweet at wat u said

Lanae said...
great job!!! it was a real eye-opener.

<3::wish4wings::<3 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Nov. 16, 2009 at 9:55 am:
this was amazing:D

KianaPearl:] said...
Nov. 16, 2009 at 1:30 am:
I love this...The simplicity of it is what makes it so great. Keep it up:)

Freckles said...
The poem is simple, complete and written in a manner, that when read silently or spoken, envokes feeling and a depth of understanding. I hope I have your permission to read it at the end of a luncheon to initiate a project to make sleeping bags for the homeless. Thank you for your thoughts. Blessings to you and continue writing.

Just_Breathe said...
Dannng, all you people are mean, sure you're entitled to your own opinions... I think that your poem was thoughtful, I do agree with the interesting line breaks part though. People should NOT judge other people's poetry, because the true purpose comes from the author, and everything has a purpose.

Fayrouz This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Honestly, I feel you could have expressed what's going on in better language to make us FEEL for the homeless...such as daily struggles, more emotion...you could talk about how some people throw fits when they don't get the laptop they want, their phone is too "fat and ugly" their jeans make their butt look big...and "you" are homeless. honestly, it's not that great. it sounds like you wrote it in 10 minutes. the line breaks are nice, but otherwise...it doesn&#... (more »)

writingrox replied...
Oct. 25, 2009 at 4:43 pm :
It's a nice poem. don't diss it.

ThatsClassy replied...
Nov. 16, 2009 at 2:30 am :
That's a ridiculous argument, but strangely I still agree with you. There are many different ways to write poetry, not just a set one.

Holly M. replied...
Mar. 6, 2010 at 10:14 am :
Everyone writes differently...
I'm always using metaphors... and some people think thats a bad thing....
I think people should write what they feel is good :)

MaddyB said...
Oct. 3, 2009 at 10:11 am:
Very nice.

Smile.Jo said...
Mar. 28, 2009 at 8:47 pm:
that was a very good and well, written poem and i thought it is a good choice to voice an oppion.

mu5ic1sdead replied...
Oct. 3, 2009 at 10:29 am :
interesting use of line breaks, but besides that it's not too too great. i'd give it a 6.68 out of 10. but that's just my opinion