I Love You | Teen Ink

I Love You

I heard the sound of your voice and thought of everything we’ve been through together. I felt my heart beating uncontrollably, the blush rising in my cheeks. I could smell the sweet sent of you, the sent I would never forget. I saw your face, and the emotions portrayed in your brilliant eyes and knew that I loved you.

So I told you the truth. The simple, yet not-so-simple truth that would bring my world crashing down. It was all I could do to hope you would forgive me for everything I had done and to hope you could realize just how much I loved you, and that I would always be there. Of course, you would never know that as you sat there, confused by the devastated look in my eye.

You were the one who made the scattered pieces of who I really am matter. You made me whole. You stood by me. And for that, I love you more than words could ever explain. The pain it is causing me now, to know that I betrayed you, you will never know because now I’m gone. I tried so hard, but it was too late. I sit up here and watch you carry on with your life, wishing I could stand by your side once again, and I hear your voice. “I love you.”

on Nov. 24 2009 at 7:49 am
You can really feel the writer's pain when reading this. Its like I am forgetting that I am only reading a piece of writing. The writer also makes it very easy to relate to. It was a truly amazing piece.