Ode To A Toad This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

I was out one day for my usual jog,

(I go kinda easy, rarely full-hog)

When I happened to see, right there on the road

The squishy remains of a little green toad.

I thought to myself, where is his home?

Down yonder green valley, how far did he roam?

From out on the pond I heard sorrowful croaks,

Could that be the wailing of some of his folks?

I felt for the toad and his pitiful state,

But the day was now fading, and such was his fate.

In the grand scheme of things, now I confess,

What's one little froggie, more or less?

ElleNicole said...

Way to be quirky. I like this, your poem kinda reminds me of Shel Silverstein poetry. Who I love. I hope you do make children's poetry or something.

Check out my work?

CHEESEABLE replied...
Sept. 30, 2011 at 7:54 am
YOU ALL SUCK

inkers This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jun. 25, 2011 at 1:03 am
This was very cute! There's a deeper meaning here -- I love it. Very well done.

Cheeseable replied...
Sept. 30, 2011 at 7:52 am
I HATE YOU

cottoncandy28This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Are you jealous or something?

lonleywriter said...
Mar. 29, 2011 at 6:27 am
lol, i loved this xD

MidnightRoyale said...
This is a great poem! :D I love it! It's so true. It seems like such little things don't matter, but they do. <3 I love your formatting, how you chose your wording. This poem is fantastic!

hannah123claire said...
hay you poem was in our reading book awsome work keep it up 

SideraCaeli said...
This reminds me of a children's book :) You should make more like this :)

MeanPeopleDead said...
Nov. 17, 2010 at 9:40 am
WHAT IF IT WAS JEREMIAH?!

Gabiiiii This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Hahahahaha.

Crispy said...
Oct. 26, 2010 at 7:26 am
Awww poor froggie. I loved this poem because it was cute and made me laugh. A good change from all the poems about love and pain.

dylanlalala said...

Wow!

I loved this cute little poem! The only thing I didn't like was that toads aren't green! Frogs may be, but toads definitely aren't. You can't be inaccurate when writing about nature... Good job, though!

OddInsomniac replied...

I do believe they are a shade of green, have you not seen.

be it frog or toad, it's just an ode!

ha! I rhymed!

apocalyptigirl said...
awwww poor frog how could u be so heartless????? LOL jk this is great; i had to be a pain for a second there though...;)

OneGodForever32This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
I like this! :) I love serious and deep poetry, but but a quirky cute poem is a nice break every once in a while! Nice job!  

AvengedJasonFold said...
I literally LOLed when I finished the poem. I liked it--hilarious ending :) reminds me of a poem I wrote about crickets drowning in a pool the other day.

Lanier42 said...
haha. this is kind of funny, but if you are that type of person, you could turn it into some philosophical something-or-other with lots of hidden meanings. great job =D

SafeleoThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
May 25, 2010 at 1:27 am
This is so cute! please post comments on my work.

BlueInk94 said...
this is cute...!

mkgirl395 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...

Wow! This is so clever ;D 

you made me feel for the toad as well :P

thanks for writing this!