Shiver, Shiver This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

So, imagine you're in a car.

(Yes, I know this is silly, but just do it for me.)

You're in a car, and you're sitting next to someone who absolutely puts the color into your world, you know? Someone who just knocks the socks right-the-hell off of your feet. And I mean, you've got some serious emotions that are just clawing their way up your esophagus, fighting so so hard against the back of your teeth.
They just want to see the light of day … not to mention the flecks of orange in that other person's eyes that you're always thinking about.

(Huh? Oh yeah, so anyways)

The other person is o-freaking-blivious to everything you're feeling. I mean, it feels like every capillary in your circulatory system is twisting and knotting around the muscles they surround. Your heart is just absolutely screaming, but they're too busy babbling away about grindcore or some **** to even so much as wonder what it is you're feeling.

But you're like a pro at this. I mean you've known this person for a while now, at least a few years, so you've mastered the civil war going on between your internal organs, and you've explained to them who's the frickin' boss.
(Yes, smarta**, the boss would be you in this scenario.)
(Jesus, can I go on? Are you okay with that?)

So, where was I? Yeah, okay, so, you're a pro at controlling this insane crush you've got going on, but then – they touch you. They touch your ever-loving skin. We have skin-to-skin contact. And I mean, roots just burst from the bottom of your heart and the tips of those roots lock tight around your toes.
It feels like each and every one of your skin cells is shaking with excitement.
It's that good.

Well … I mean, you're like …
Well, you're the other person.

LilRed235 said...
Feb. 5, 2012 at 9:08 pm:
Oh my gosh I am at such a loss for words. Your work is right up there or even better than some big authors. You are an inspiration to me. I have read I think all of your TeenInk writing, and I can't say there are any I disliked. I am a huge fan, please keep it up!

LaceeJade This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I know Exactly How You Feel! It Is So Frustrating How Oblivious They Are About It!!! Its like they have no idea whats going on inside you! They have no idea you are holding on to every word they say. They have no idea how much they mean to you! Its Irritating How They Cant Take A Hint No Matter How Obvious It Is!

StarWorks said...
Jun. 15, 2011 at 11:30 am:
I never had that feeling before (maybe some day I will xxx), but this is AWESOME! I love your work.

M_IMLThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
May 30, 2011 at 7:30 pm:

amazing as usual...i read some of your other things; your talent is unmistakeable. i love this!!

i also know exactly the feeling, but i've never been able to put it into words this well...

to sum my overall impression of your writing up?

um, WOW!

possiblylindsey This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jul. 6, 2010 at 5:02 pm:
ohmygoodness! i freaking love this![= and i completely know the feeling.

a.m.f said...
Jun. 16, 2010 at 6:48 pm:
Great imagry and detail.  It's amazing.

jessharmony24 said...
Jun. 14, 2010 at 8:05 pm:
wow! thats great! your a really good writer i read some of your other stuff too. and this totally reminded me of being with a certain person like you can feel the emotion and connect to it! its great!

Anime_Rocker_549 said...
Mar. 15, 2010 at 8:17 pm:
Wonderful! I read this in the Magizine and fell in love with it. I can hear your voice when reading this i love basicly everything abut this poem :D keep it up

Bassoonkelley This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Mar. 15, 2010 at 10:45 pm :
Thank you :) Your support means so much! <3

live~en~livre said...
Feb. 2, 2010 at 8:33 pm:
You. Are. Amazing. I've read some of your other things and the're all Amazing. You are definitely have to most unique writing of anyone on this site that I've read so far! (That's sa very good thing even if it doesn't sound like it.) Keep Writing PLEASE!

bamboom212 said...
Feb. 2, 2010 at 3:05 pm:
wow. this is really good. its so kewl how u put such meaningful thoughts in the right format, ya know? You're extremely talented. plz read & comment some of my work! it would mean alot.

DiscardedHarmony This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Dec. 20, 2009 at 9:53 am:
Oh. My. Goodness. Seriously, this was amazing! God damn girl, how do you do it? This almost made me cry; I know exactly the feeling, and this was lovely.

TigerLynn said...
How do you even begin to constuct your masterpieces? Seriously, they are unbelievably awesome. What's your secret?

Oct. 18, 2009 at 5:54 pm :
haha, I'm not too sure that I have a secret. This just runs through my head, and I write it down; I guess it's my thought process. Sometimes I go back into the piece and put the abstract ideas (love, peace, honesty, etc.) into concrete ideas. For instance, the most hard-hitting part of this one would be the roots in my opinion, because the roots are personifying love. :) <3