Nothing at all

The subject of this poem is nothing
Is there something at all that you truly get out of life
Or just nothing
What's the purpose of working so hard just to get nowhere at all
Sometimes I feel like I'm wasting my time trying and trying
They say hope is the key to a sucessful life
But hope just seems to keep letting me down

Why even try when people are garded into there own ways, you can't change people or the path of your life

People say life is all about choices you make but life seems to make chioces for me I have no choice no control
Living like this is worthless
So why even try

danyellxxd said...
this is just beautiful.
so real and deep.
I can totaly relate to it, I love it.

MikalaThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
this poem is so true, i love it. Hi I'm the author of Inevitable, by the way. :)

artmusiclit_chic said...
Sept. 19, 2009 at 8:59 am:
I really enjoy this poem. I've written a few poems myself similar to this one, but I think that you summed up your feelings and questions better than I did. My favorite line: "They say hope is the key to a sucessful life But hope just seems to keep letting me down"... same here

Makeitorbreakit said...
This poem makes me think about my life in a different way. It's like I try and try and nothing happends, so I go to God and he makes it all better. I shoulda went to God in the first place instead of "trying" doing it on my own. A lesson well learned thanks 2 u. Great Poem!

MyChey5This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Sept. 19, 2009 at 8:42 am :
Another great one keep it up!!! Maybe write a happy one? haha just kidding!!

Jennifer B. replied...
Sept. 19, 2009 at 1:20 pm :
Im glad you liked my poems!!!

Sept. 19, 2009 at 1:36 pm :
im glad u liked mine 2!!!

Jennifer B. replied...
Sept. 19, 2009 at 1:59 pm :
By the way MyChey5 my peice Modern Poetry is being featured on the home page of Opinion/Hot topics tomorrow, I'm so happy!!!

Sept. 19, 2009 at 3:05 pm :
i was happy 2 when mybpoem Come Comet was featured!!!! it feels so great!!!