Distant Star

A shining star
glitters from afar
a distant midnight sun
a million constellations whirl
all disappear but one
Years swirl by
as time unfurls
but distant still you gleam
I wish I could collect the dust
of generations in between

pushingblueroses said...
you rock my socks off, zero! this is exploding with talent and awesomeness. the rhythm is really good and i love how it totally makes sense and is so deep. keep it up!

BannedGeekII said...
Aug. 27, 2009 at 6:25 am
Beautiful. I'm speechless.

Electricity This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Aug. 26, 2009 at 11:24 am
Wow, you really amaze me! I looove your work. You have true talent my friend ^^ And what i like about you is that you are naturaly a gréât writer, not a wannabe writer. Keep up thé fantastic job! :D

arrowed_rain said...
I like the rhythm in this poem, and the thoughts about it afterwards. I have a 'hero' from an older generation, and although they may be long gone, it's funny how they are still thought of, still, as you put it, idolized. And this poem...I see what you mean. :)

Inkspired said...
Brilliant. I loved how you brought a different meaning after you wrote it, but to me it was just about stars. Still, both meanings apply, and I like yours better.

dreamer_believer said...
i honestly just love your work. i like this poem because of all the room for imagination, and the format and content is just great :) i like your explanation on why you wrote it to...i have felt like that! you explained it perfectly. the ending is for sure my favorite part :) keep writing Zero...i love your work.