Just Wanted You to Know | Teen Ink

Just Wanted You to Know

By Micah Horner BRONZE, Wichita, Kansas
Micah Horner BRONZE, Wichita, Kansas
1 article 0 photos 1 comment

Never say goodbye, because it's never really true. You are always with me, even though I'm not next to you. I'll always be with you, my beautiful love. You’re as precious as a rose, as gentle as a dove. My love for you reaches beyond what words can describe. My only wish is forever to be at your side. Lifting and loving, with all my heart’s strength. My life as your servant, I count it as gain. Your soft voice is like music to my weary ears. The sight of your beauty dries all of my tears. I try my hardest, but always fail to describe, your worth to me forever, my soon-to-be bride. To say you’re a diamond would be so unfair. For diamonds, like all things, are neglected without care. You’re my only treasure in this life that will last. For nothing on earth makes my heart beat so fast. I’d give my whole life to see just one more smile. If that’s what it takes, then you’re well worth the while. You say “make a wish”, like I want something more. My love, you don’t get it. It’s YOU I adore. You didn’t earn my love, and you can never lose it. It is unconditional. There’s nothing more to it. There are no conditions. No criteria to meet. When I say that I love you, I say what I mean. This love that burns within me is only for you. God made me to love you, and that’s what I plan to do. As we face this journey of life hand in hand, our hearts are held together by an unbreakable strand. You may think everything’s uncertain, but one thing you should know, when all else fails you, I will never let you go. When I think of forever with you, one thought comes to mind. How did I get lucky enough to call you mine? I promise you two things, my love and my life. No one else but you will ever suffice. All that I have, I give it to you. I hope it’s enough. I hope it will do. To love and to hold you ‘til I can hold you no more, what more on earth could I ever ask for? To show you my love will take all of my years. One touch from your hand erases all of my fears. Even as I write this I think to myself, “I’ve failed once more to describe how I felt.” You see, these words that are written were written in the past, for my love for you grows with each second that’s passed. My heart aches so greatly to show you my love. A thousand eternities wouldn’t be enough. I’d say you’re my dream girl, but that’s not the whole truth, because far more than my dreams are pervaded by you. Every thought, every heartbeat , every breath, not just my dreams. You truly are the missing half that completes me. You're my best friend that I'll never let go. I love you so much. I just wanted you to know.

This poem was written to my best friend, and fiance whom I will devote my life to loving.

Micah Horner BRONZE, Wichita, Kansas
1 article 0 photos 1 comment
Amazing, simply amazing.