Writing Poetry

Oh it’s hard to write a poem
I don’t know how to start!
Lyric, concrete, and haiku
Sends chills down to my heart.

What shall be the title?
Will it rhyme or not?
What rhymes with Coca-Cola?
Did I write a lot?

All those perfect poets
Write poems oh-so well!
I wish I was as good as
Shakespeare, Frost or Shel.

It’s hard to write them now
But with practice that may fade.
A finer poet I will be
Then I was in seventh grade.

Hey look I wrote a poem
And it’s not bad, I must say!
It needs a little work
But it sure is worth an ‘A.’ :)

bilbogirl said...
cute! Very light hearted, and you present one of lifes hardest questions. What does rhyme with Coca-Cola? Very nice
-Bilbogirl

KonyaB!!! This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Thank you!!!
And what rhymes with orange too. :)

*StandardToaster* said...
haha this is so cute and i love it!

Thank you!

B.T.Pixie said...
I like this one because it reminds me of when I started writeing. I wanted to be the next Poe!

Thanks for your comment!!! The next Poe? Wow! I like his work, though they are pretty dark!! Did you read any of his stuff? The Cask of Amontillado is freaky!
Mmm....I'm gonna have to read you work. :)

I love Sisters for life!!!!! It was so good!!! Awesome! Keep on writing!!

B.T.Pixie replied...
Thanks! PLease read mine and tell me what you think. I have a new one online called Homeward Bound. Ps. I love Poe he was amazeing.

Sept. 20, 2009 at 11:23 am
It was good,and sad. You used big words like Poe does...you on the right track:)
Keep on writing and let me know when you write something new. I don't usually have time to see others works since school started, but if you do write something new, just post a reply or something here, and I'll get it through email.

MariaMarie This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Lol, Cool- i like this!!!

Thank you!!!

Ashlynrae said...
Cool poem. Check out my work my username is Ashlynrae!

mayflower said...
nice poem i really like it read my poem it's called roses and comment what you think plz

Sure, thanks for commenting!