Differently the Same

You are girly, I am boyish. You are older and I am younger. I'm mature, and you're getting there. You paint your nails pink, I paint mine black. You curl your hair, I straighten mine flat. We are so much the same but we're so different. We are differently the same. We both like sports-you track,me basketball. I read novels,you look at picture books. You do great in school and I do well. You pay attention, I go into a daze. We both like boys. You prefer the cowboy, and I prefer the skater dude. You are crazy, I'm weird. But sister, no matter how much alike or different we are, we are differently the same.

Abdiel said...
Wow! It's amazing how young artistic beauty begins to flourish. This kid should develop this gift. It would be a shame to waste such potential!

blossom5 said...
I love this poem! It shows how two sisters can be wonderfully connected and unique. I am so proud of you Megan, and I hope you continue to develop your talent of writing.

murster said...
Truer statements could not have been put into better words by anyone else! What a great birthday gift to a sibling.
Maryanne N.

Emma W. said...
Hey Megan!!!!! I love ur poem, it's sweet that u wrote it for ur sister. Honestly, I had no clue u liked to write! I love to write, we should swap work some time. Can't wait to see u. Keep writing!!!!

blossom5 replied...
Keep comming back to this site and voting for Megan everyday. The more votes, the higher the rating!