hold

MY SHOES they stare at me, all lined up in rows, not color coordinated, or by date purchased, just…there.

THERE, my first pair of {not really real} UGG boots, the flip flops I made at summer camp, the beautiful swayed flats that broke the second day I wore them, the worn out converse with the soles barely hanging on, the other worn out converse…the ones I had to tape back together with scotch tape at school, the hand me down mary janes…the plaid ones that were always just a little too big at the back.

MY SHOES have held my feet, my sisters feet, my friends feet, they held the mud from that fight during field day, the house key the day I had no pockets, they held water when it rained and I ran to the bus stop so I wouldn’t be late when it turns out, the bus was late.

THEY also hold memories. The many memories that don’t fit anywhere else…
my shoes hold them instead.

~*el-oh-vee-ee*~ said...
this is awesome Like*Whoa!!! !!!! :D

Duckie430This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Aug. 26, 2009 at 2:17 am:
good imagery

cariberry24 said...
Aug. 22, 2009 at 6:36 am:
I LOVE THIS POEM! It is so true, with vivid imagery. I'm packing right now, myself- preparing for college, it is amazing how many memories are stored in the simple things from years ago, and even yesterday! :) keep up the great work!