Rebuking Myself

“Oh, to die,
For this breath to be my last!”
you find a martyr’s nobility
in uttering it.
as if you find an obscure pride - in death.
wanting it brings you secret class
an upper hand, a dark importance,
above the happy chattering
of others.

You are as you seem:
a body,
lying on the floor,
impressed with yourself
in your cowardice.

Babygirl09 said...
this is a great poem. ive been writing poems since i was little. and this is one of the few good ones i have read lately. this is the reply to the comment u left me---> do you kno where i could get the book from? im really into books like that. it is such a hard society to live in with us teens being put into a box and even some of my family still thinks we arent that smart and should be taught the way they were taught in school. which is rediculous. The Generations change every new generatio... (more »)

IndigoInk This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Thanks so much for your comments!
Babygirl, you can get the book at either www.therebelution.com (which is the main site for the book) or just at www.amazon.com. I completely agree! Teens are capable of so much more than the world expects of us. We have to prove that. :)

Jennax3 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
This is absolutely brilliant. The last stanza is so clever... but then again, so is the first. I love this, five stars for sure :]