anorexia | Teen Ink

anorexia

you start off thinking it will help you but by the end if its not to late you see its just trying to own you and even if you know its wrong its to late its got you by the bones its tearing you apart and people can see it kills you on the inside but lets you live on the outside so it can choose its next victim whom want to become ridiculously thin and all you can do is wait until you slowly disapear in the mirror to perfection.

Ever since the begining of my freshman year i struggled with anorexia.. it would come in flashes i would be happy with myself then hate myself the next day so id restrict myself to show i had control of at least one thing in my life. i know this is deff. not a inspirational peice and i dont think you could even call it poetry cuz im obviously no good but this is what goes through my mind when those flashes come its not that bad anymore. but let me know what ya think! Thanx yall

Amanda BRONZE said...
Amanda BRONZE, Rehoboth, Massachusetts

O God, I could be bounded in a nutshell, and count myself a king of infinite space—were it not that I have bad dreams. {Hamlet}

oy. another ed poem.

Zero_K DIAMOND said...
Zero_K DIAMOND, Moosic, Pennsylvania

"Life's no fun if you're not insane, otherwise you grow up to be an accountant." -Moi

I like this poem because, like Hay_Wire said, this might help. I wrote the short story The Mirror with the same intention in mind.

ZERO

Hay_Wire PLATINUM, Independence, Missouri
well.. hmm. what can i say? i liked it.. not really because it was beautiful or anything, i mean its about a disease, but i liked it because its so true.

and, *gulp* you sound like me. im just now starting 9th grade, and this has a good hold on me. im too stubborn to let go of it, even though i know what it can do to me.. i don tknwo what im thinking.. this is all stupid.. but...

i dont know maybe this piece can help. i want to see more you write!! keeping fighting it.