You're Always With Me

Laying on the ground, I glance up at the stars; with only thoughts of you in my head. As I close my eyes I imagine you beside me. Knowing you're not there, I open my eyes and continue to look at the stars. As I'm thinking of you, my heart starts to race, my mind is turning in circles and all I can think about is you. I close my eyes again, in hope that when I open them you'll be beside me. I'm afraid to open them because part of me knows you will never be ther. Nothing ever will. Never wanting to open my eyes I begin to wish, I wish on my shining star that somehow, someway, you'll be here when I open not only my eyes, but my heart. I've made my wish, now it's the moment of truth. I open my eyes and I look around. I am alone, my world is shattered once again; but as I glanced up at the stars again...there you were...you were in my head and in my heart. You were with me all along. I never was alone. So as I look up at the sky full of stars, eachone is a twinkling peice of hope, shining in my life all day. And as the stars are always shining in the sky, you are always in my heart.

Midknightrider said...
Wow. I lost someone that was like a father to me and taht poem really helps heal. Thank you